Monday, November 30, 2009

CBSsports.com BlogPoll Week 12 Ballot

A whole lot of upsets this week cause some massive reshuffling.  After Friday's game, I wasn't planning to vote for the Huskers in this poll.  While the defense is top ten worthy, the offense is something completely different.  But something funny happened as I filled out my ballot:  I found teams that lost games they shouldn't... and I had to penalize them.  And then I struggled with teams to add...so guess what.  In go the Huskers.
Rank
Team
Delta
1
Alabama
2
Texas
3
Florida
4
TCU
5
Boise State
2
6
Cincinnati
1
7
Oregon
1
8
Ohio State
1
9
Virginia Tech
2
10
LSU
2
11
Georgia Tech
5
12
Miami (Florida)
3
13
Iowa
3
14
Oregon State
3
15
California
3
16
Stanford
3
17
Pittsburgh
7
18
Penn State
2
19
Brigham Young
2
20
Southern Cal
21
Houston
22
Utah
23
Nebraska
24
Arizona
25
Clemson
11
Last week's ballot

Dropped Out: Oklahoma State (#13), Arkansas (#23), Mississippi (#25).
I've taken enough crap for voting for Oklahoma and Arkansas, and while I think I could justify a vote for the Sooners, I'm not going to at this point.  Southern Cal remerges despite running up the score last night, and if I'm going to reward the Trojans, then I've got to put Houston in as well.  The last spot was a toss-up between Clemson and Oklahoma State, and I went with Clemson for now.  Funny thing is that earlier this season I got the award for biggest homer on my ballot, then last week, I got the award for being too straight with my team and downgrading them more than everybody else.  Go figure.


Big XII PowerPoll
  1. Texas
  2. Texas Tech
  3. Nebraska
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Oklahoma State
  6. Missouri
  7. Kansas State
  8. Texas A&M
  9. Iowa State
  10. Kansas
  11. Colorado
  12. Baylor
After K-State, it's almost a tossup.  Kansas probably should be higher talent-wise, but going 1-7 in the conference keeps you low. Funny how Mangino is probably going to be fired this week while Dan Hawkins survives.  Go figure.

No comments: