Monday, November 23, 2009

CBSsports.com BlogPoll Week 11 Ballot

I'm finally waiving my white flag over the Oklahoma Sooners.  I could still justify the Sooners after they lost by seven to Nebraska...but four touchdowns to Texas Tech?  Bye bye...  I was wrong, period.

Speaking of Nebraska... I'm not putting them in my Top 25.  One of the best defenses in college football, but the offense still makes way too many mistakes and can't sustain many drives.  I'd like to do it...but still can't do it.  
Rank
Team
Delta
1
Alabama
2
Texas
1
3
Florida
1
4
TCU
5
Cincinnati
6
Georgia Tech
7
Boise State
8
Oregon
1
9
Ohio State
1
10
Pittsburgh
2
11
Virginia Tech
2
12
LSU
4
13
Oklahoma State
1
14
Clemson
1
15
Miami (Florida)
1
16
Iowa
1
17
Oregon State
1
18
California
5
19
Stanford
8
20
Penn State
1
21
Brigham Young
3
22
Utah
3
23
Arkansas
1
24
Arizona
4
25
Mississippi
Last week's ballot

Dropped Out: Oklahoma (#21).
Under Consideration:  Nebraska, North Carolina, Texas Tech, Houston

I'm bumping Texas to #2 not because of anything Florida did or didn't do, but rather based on how Texas has played in recent weeks.  In fact, I think you could argue that in the last three weeks, Texas has been playing better than anybody else in the nation; they're closing the gap on Alabama.

Not sure what to do about Stanford; it was a rivalry game after a huge upset the week before, but still, I think I was overly generous in bumping Stanford so high.

Big XII PowerPoll
  1. Texas
  2. Oklahoma State
  3. Texas Tech 
  4. Nebraska
  5. Oklahoma
  6. Missouri
  7. Kansas State
  8. Kansas
  9. Texas A&M
  10. Iowa State
  11. Colorado
  12. Baylor
Oklahoma finally has a loss that I can't excuse, so down they go.  Baylor without Robert Griffin isn't competitive --- unless they're playing in Columbia for some reason.

No comments: