Wednesday, February 10, 2016

I Fall Down . . . And Go Boom

For my frequent readers, you may be aware of the ice rink I built in my backyard, mostly for the kids to skate.  And boy, do they love it. So much so that I decided to take some lessons this winter. Even got my own skates a couple of weeks ago so I could join them on the ice.

Which I did this past Saturday morning. Then it happened: I slipped and fell.

And immediately knew that I was hurt...and heading to the emergency room. The diagnosis? A broken left wrist and a broken right thumb. The thumb will probably heal itself with a splint, but the wrist needs surgery, which is hours away.  So my skating season is over...

...and so is my blogging, for now anyway. While I may have the time, I don't have the ability to type much with only four working fingers. Eventually, I'll get that to five, but even then, I'll need to focus on my "real world" job with my typing,

I don't know if I am going dark for a week or a month or what. I just know that I'm not able to do this at this time...and after ten years of blogging, a break may be in order.  But I feel that I do owe my readers an explanation for my absence here and at CornNation.

Take care, friends. Go Big Red and Go Mavs! Hopefully Nebrasketball and UNO hockey will give me an incentive to return sooner rather than later.

No comments: