Wednesday, January 04, 2006

All Hail the Greatest Team Ever..... oops!

ESPN's premature coronation of the 2005 USC Trojans as the greatest team ever was a wonderful job of marketing. They just forgot one little detail:

USC isn't even the greatest team in 2005.

I wonder how long their ludicrous comparison of 2005 USC to 1995 Nebraska will stay online. Lee Barfknecht of the Omaha newspaper made this same mistake in 2003. Before the Big XII championship game, he tried to claim that the 2003 Oklahoma Sooners were the greatest ever. The Sooners went on to get throttled by Kansas State.

Congratulations to the Bovines. And kudos to the best player in college football this season: Vince Young.

Now, if they'd only quit singing "I've been working on the railroad"...

1 comment:

Carl said...

For one night I was able to put aside my dislike of the evil of the SWC and root for Texas over the greater evil that has become the U$C media blitz. Never have I been so glad that Chris Simms is in the NFL. Not even he could find a way to lose that one for the Burnt Orange.

Now I can restart my Texa$ hatred and lovingly dream of UNL beating both these teams next year.

Congrats to Texa$. Now I hope they return to the era of losing the big one...over and over again.