Saturday, November 01, 2008

Oh the Humanity. Sooners Discombulate the Huskers in the 1st quarter

Quite possibly the worst quarter in Nebraska football history...the only one's even close that I can remember are the fourth quarter of 2004 Texas Tech or 1988 UCLA. To be sure, the Sooners came out on fire. We knew the Sooner offense was lethal, so I'm not surprised that they are moving the ball that well.

What shocked me is how the Sooner defense has gotten their mojo back. The Sooners jumped on the swing pass to Todd Peterson, and it was game over at that point. Now, it's now just a point to get things calmed down in the wake of the Sooner buzzsaw we're witnessing tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1988 UCLA is the one I remember (28-0 at the end of the first). This could get VERY ugly.

Carl said...

Game is over. I'm happier with this loss (and boy, what a loss) than several of last year's wins. I think everything is going to be ok, we just need a couple seasons...