Monday, December 05, 2011

BlogPoll Ballot: LSU National Champions?

One of the main arguments that bowl proponents repeatedly point out is that it makes the regular season the most important of any sport.

Scratch that now.  The LSU/Alabama makes that argument ridiculous.  Frankly, I'm not sure what the point of the official "BCS National Championship Game" is now, other than it's required.  We already know who the better team is:  LSU.  Alabama had their fair shot - on their home field, no less...and played horrible.  They lost.

So if Alabama wins the rematch, what does that prove?  Do we have to play a rubber match?  (Best of three?)  Which game do I disregard?  Not sure I can disregard the game played in November, so it'll come down to a choice between a 1-loss LSU team or possibly a 1-loss Oklahoma State team, should they win the Fiesta Bowl.

I'm not going to penalize Oklahoma any more than the bowl system did.  (Insight Bowl???) I hammered Virginia Tech and Houston pretty badly for getting blown out; mostly because I thought they were overrated all along.  They really didn't play anybody all season, so their records aren't all that impressive.

No comments: