OK, after Texas' obliteration of Missouri, the Bovines take over the top spot for the time being. Let's face it, college football is a game of survival, and with Oklahoma State and Texas Tech up next, that survival is not guaranteed. But when Alabama only beats Ole Miss by 4 points, it's clearly time to move Texas up.
3. Penn State
9. Oklahoma State
10. Ohio State (OK, I may have written the Buckeyes off a little too early.)
Big XII Standings
3. Oklahoma State
4. Kansas (Yeah, they lost, but they looked more competitive against Oklahoma than Missouri did against Texas...)
5. Texas Tech (Trailing A&M at halftime should concern Raider fans...)
6. Missouri (Beat Colorado this week, and give me a reason to move you back ahead of Kansas...)
7. Nebraska (We'll see if AJ can find a reason other than "I didn't watch any games this weekend" to continue justifying burying the Huskers at the bottom of the woeful Big XII North.)
The bottom four are almost interchangeable, but I'll sort them out anyway. Not a huge difference between these teams right now.
9. Colorado (I'm giving the Buffies the benefit of the doubt that a quarterback change might eventually spark this team.)
10. Iowa State (I'm giving the Cyclones credit for their first half against Kansas; that's at least something of note...)
11. Kansas State (Not sure if Colorado's offense is that bad, or if Kansas State's defense might possibly have improved.)
12. Texas A&M (Leading Tech at halftime isn't enough to erase the stench of the rest of this season...)