Monday, October 04, 2010

2010 BlogPoll Week 6 Ballot

After what Alabama did to Florida, I think anybody n ot voting the Tide #1 probably should have their ballot scrutinized. I'm sure a lot of people will point to Oregon as also deserving, but in my book, they're still #2 on my list.  Saturday's demolition of Stanford earns them the #2 slot, especially after the Ohio State University decided to dance around the Zooker.  They get #3.

The losses by Stanford and Florida move Nebraska up to #6...which I'm not entirely comfortable with. But I also don't have another team to put above them.  Oklahoma started off yesterday giving me a case for moving them ahead of Nebraska, but then they tried to hand the game back to Texas. Even though they lost, I'm not moving Stanford out of the top ten for putting up a good fight against the now #2 Oregon team.

Florida falls to one spot above Iowa, mostly because I'm forgiving Florida for looking like complete crap against a really, really good Alabama team. I did give Iowa some love, bumping them above South Carolina for dispatching JoePa so easily. Michigan State might be for real, so they get a nice rise as well.  Meechegan gets penalized for a close call with Indiana.

And yes, I'm still holding on with Virginia Tech. Aside from that hangover to a fairly decent James Madison team, they've looked like a Top 25 team. I should bounce them out for beating a North Carolina State squad that some people rated?  Nope.

New entries are Nevada and Oklahoma State. I'm not 100% convinced of either squad, but they're undefeated and are looking more and more legit all the time.
Big XII PowerPoll
  1. Nebraska
  2. Oklahoma
  3. Missouri
  4. Oklahoma State
  5. Kansas State
  6. Texas
  7. Baylor
  8. Texas A&M
  9. Colorado
  10. Iowa State
  11. Texas Tech
  12. Kansas
Maybe I'm punishing Texas too much, but right now, the Longhorns simply don't impress me that much. Baylor, Colorado, and Iowa State certainly opened conference play strongly, and get rewarded for that. And my oh my, does Turner Gill have his work cut out for him.

No comments: