Monday, October 25, 2010

2010 BlogPoll: Week 9

This is probably going to be a controversial ballot for a lot of people, though not at the top. Oregon is clearly #1 in my book.  After that, we'll see.  I still think Alabama is the best team in the SEC, though Auburn is making a strong case.  I wonder what scalpers are asking for Iron Bowl tickets?

There is probably going to be a lot of questions raised about my voting of Big XII teams.  For much of Saturday night's game, I thought Oklahoma was the better team, but that they made critical errors to put Missouri up. And in that environment, that's the bump the underdog needed. So yeah, Missouri fans will probably be incensed to find both Nebraska and Oklahoma ahead of the Tigers on this ballot.  If it's any consolation, I dropped Nebraska this week.  Defense looked too porous, but I was also impressed with teams like Arizona.

My response?  You may have a point. I'm going with my gut for now, and we'll look at this again next week. I think these questions will be resolved next Saturday afternoon.

Other moves:  LSU doesn't drop much for playing Auburn tough on the road. Oklahoma State doesn't drop much either, especially since I was struggling to find teams to join the Top 25.  I finally decided to go ahead and put Baylor in, if only for it's ceremonial importance.  Imagine that:  Baylor is the only ranked Big XII team in the state of Texas.  Cal has three losses, but they still have some nice wins.  Don't like it?  Give me another team that should be there instead.
Big XII PowerPoll
  1. Oklahoma
  2. Nebraska
  3. Missouri
  4. Oklahoma State
  5. Baylor
  6. Kansas State
  7. Texas
  8. Texas Tech
  9. Texas A&M
  10. Iowa State
  11. Colorado
  12. Kansas
Looks to me like Texas may have sold out their season for a win over Nebraska.  Go figure. Hats off to Iowa State.

No comments: