Monday, October 12, 2009

CBSsports.com BlogPoll Week 6 Draft

Not a lot of upsets at the top of the poll, but lots of teams losing at the bottom of the poll, necessitating a lot of movement down.
RankTeamDelta
1 Alabama
2 Florida
3 Texas
4 Virginia Tech
5 Boise State 1
6 Southern Cal 1
7 LSU 2
8 TCU
9 Cincinnati
10 Miami (Florida)
11 Oklahoma
12 Nebraska
13 Ohio State
14 Oklahoma State
15 Oregon
16 Kansas
17 Iowa 1
18 Georgia Tech 3
19 Penn State 1
20 Missouri 3
21 South Carolina 4
22 Brigham Young
23 South Florida
24 Notre Dame
25 Arkansas
Last week's ballot

Dropped Out: Auburn (#19), Wisconsin (#22), Georgia (#23), Arizona (#24).

Three byes in the top ten lead to a lot of inertia. LSU didn't mount much of a challenge to Florida...but the gap between the top three or four teams and the rest is becoming large. I'm not bumping Nebraska up in the standings after the Missouri victory because while I was very pleased with the play of the defense, I wasn't pleased with the offense much of the night at Missouri In other words, while others upgraded their opinions of Nebraska, my opinions were simply validated.

I thought about dropping Missouri further...but as others around them lost, I really couldn't find teams to bump above them. So the Tigers remain a Top Twenty team in my opinion. I mean, when I finally have to rank Notre Dame, you know I'm struggling to fill out my ballot.

Big XII Standings
  1. Texas
  2. Oklahoma
  3. Nebraska
  4. Oklahoma State
  5. Kansas
  6. Missouri
  7. Baylor
  8. Texas Tech
  9. Texas A&M
  10. Iowa State
  11. Colorado
  12. Kansas State
Baylor gave Oklahoma a better battle than I expected. Is Oklahoma overrated? Very possibly, but I'm being stubborn with the Sooners for a while longer. Texas Tech wallopped Kansas State badly, so I'm bumping the Wildcats down in the standings. And frankly, seeing Colorado leading Texas at halftime has to be a headscratcher at this point. Iowa State nearly pulled off the upset at Kansas, so I'm keeping them up on my list.

No comments: