1. With only two or three games left, how are you feeling about your season? Disappointed, elated, surprised, a little violated?
Disappointed? Definitely an understatement. Elated? No way. Surprised? Kind of. I expected better, but wasn't completely sure. And I never was sold on Bill Callahan in the first place. A little violated? How about a whole bunch of violated. And do I really have to tell you why?
2. I have to ask, how do you feel about the (possible) buyout of Fran at Texas A&M?As long as Bill Byrne won't be chasing the same coaching candidates Tom Osborne will be, it's probably not so bad for Nebraska. As for Fran's demise, you can't say you didn't see this one coming...
3. We’ve picked coaches, players, stadiums and everything else from other teams. Now, we get down to something even more near and dear: mascots. If you could pick another Big 12 mascot other than your own - who would it be and why?
We've got cows and buffaloes. We've got lions (well, Wildcats), tigers and bears, oh my. We've got big winds (Cyclones) and imaginary birds (Jayhawks). We've got historical references (Cornhuskers & Sooners). We've got Cowboys and Raiders (Red). But WTF is an Aggie?
I hate to say it, but Ralphie is not only the most intimidating mascot, but he's also unique. (How many Tigers, Cowboys, and Wildcats mascots are there?) And he's probably our ultimate answer to getting rid of 'Lil Red.
4. Unexpected Greatness, Unexpected Suckage. Who surprised you this year? Who did you get really excited about, only to be let down? (The first Roundtable asked who was the face of the franchise - do you still feel that way?)
When a team who was only expected to lose two or three games has already lost six, you're not going to find a lot of unexpected greatness. If I look at people who were better than I thought in the preseason, I'd probably take Zach Potter at defensive end. Unexpected Suckage? Probably Matt Slauson, who started the season on the Outland Trophy watch list and lost his starting spot for a while. Getting excited about only to be let down? Well, Ndamakong Suh probably needs to be on a milk carton as he's practically disappeared. Heck...last week, FSN couldn't even get his number right. And Nebraska's entire linebacker corp has proven to be a huge disappointment.
5. I told you there would be booze. Characterize your team by the beverage of your choice.
We're those little bottles of booze on an airplane. You hand over your money, and you get this little sip (Nevada). Then you spend the rest of the flight (season) realizing you got screwed royally.
Lightning Round - worth double the points (which will still work out to zero…), and twice the fun!
- Love ‘em.Chase Daniel, Player of the Year.
Kansas Jayhawks. The team full of players that virtually nobody wanted is still undefeated in November.
Cortney Grixby. Best corner at Nebraska, yet most abused by fans. Always kept his head high.
Nate Swift. Not the fastest, Not the flashiest. But the most consistent receiver on the field.
Zach Bowman. Battled through injuries his whole time. We'll never know how good you could have been.
- Diss ‘em.
Steve Pederson, Bill Callahan, and Kevin Cosgrove. Your names will be reviled and the source of jokes and ridicule for years to come.
Marlon Lucky. Could have been a great wingback in the old days. Just not an I-back.
- Pick ‘em.Colorado @ Iowa State - Iowa State
Texas A&M @ Mizzou - Mizzou
KState @ Nebraska - KState
Texas Tech @ Tejas - Texas finds a way to win again
Baylor @ Oklahoma - Oklahoma
Kansas @ Oklahoma State - Kansas
- Rank ‘em.
5. Kansas State
6. Oklahoma State
8. Texas Tech
9. Texas A&M
10. Iowa State