Monday, September 19, 2011

BlogPoll Ballot: Sooners Still #1, Huskers #16

After last night's thrilling victory on the road, I feel pretty confident leaving Oklahoma on top of my Top 25 this week. Some will still vote for Alabama or LSU...but I'm sticking with the Sooners.  The top stayed the same for the most part.  Florida State falls to 11, though that could be a little harsh.

I'm only moving Nebraska up one spot, mostly because I want to see more from the Huskers. That third quarter performance, if it repeats itself in October, will rocket the Huskers above many of those teams. Michigan State and Ohio State disappear after failing to show this weekend.  Georgia Tech arrives in the rankings this week with an impressive thrashing of Kansas.

I admit my selection of Frank Solich's Ohio Bobcats is a sentimental pick, but let me justify it.  Ohio has two impressive victories this season.  Ohio's 44-21 victory over New Mexico State was one week before the Aggies upset Minnesota in Minneapolis. Then Saturday's 44-7 victory over Marshall was bigger than #17 West Virginia's 34-13 victory over the Herd.  If you are using pure resume voting, you arguably could rank Ohio higher than a lot of teams on the list.

No comments: