Monday, November 26, 2012

BlogPoll Week 13 Ballot: Can't Stomach Notre Dame On Top

What I did see of Southern Cal trying to lose to Notre Dame last night convinced me that my gut instinct on Notre Dame is correct; they ain't the best team in the country.  And since other ballots didn't list Notre Dame on top last week, I'm going to join that parade.


And before Irish fans squawk about #3, I easily thought about #6.  Georgia looks pretty darn good...and frankly, I still think Stanford essentially tied Notre Dame in South Bend.  Some say that the top 10-12 teams are pretty much interchangeable in the poll, and I'm not sure they're wrong.

Why move Nebraska ahead of Oklahoma?  That's a hard question, but it comes down to how bad the Sooners defense has been as of late.  As for the rest of the teams in this poll, it really became a crapshoot of teams to add.  Heck, I even moved Oklahoma State up one spot for losing in overtime; that's a rule I've always followed....it's better to play a good team well than beat the heck out of a crappy team.

2 comments:

James Wilson said...

Is this poll about who is the best team right now, or which team is most "deserving" of being called a champion?

Husker Mike said...

I don't think there should be a difference there. The "best team" should be the one deserving the championship.